KIRC is a state and federally-funded project that provides assistance and support to Kansas school districts. KIRC offices are located in the Irwin building on KSSB's campus. Questions? Contact KIRC Coordinator, Toni Harrell @ 913.305.3071; email KIRC@kssb.net, website: http://www.kirc.org.
- Instructional Materials Center of Braille and large type textbooks and library books, and educational aids for loan to teachers for use by students with visual impairments.
- Braille transcription of educational materials by the KIRC-sponsored Delores R. Benjamin Volunteer Transcription Group.
- Continuing education and professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Newsletter and other communications to inform and support teachers.
- Professional library of materials for loan to teachers.
- Kansas Deaf-Blind library of professional materials for loan to parents, families and professionals.
to go to the KIRC web site.