KIRC is a State and Federally funded project that provides assistance and support to Kansas school districts. Questions? Contact KIRC Coordinator, Cheryl Manuel @ 913.305.3071; email KIRC@kssb.net, website: http://www.kirc.org.
- Instructional Materials Center of Braille and large type textbooks and library books, and educational aids for loan to teachers for use by students with visual impairments.
- Braille Transcription of educational materials by the KIRC-sponsored Delores R. Benjamin Volunteer Transcription Group.
- Continuing Education and professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Newsletter and other communications to inform and support teachers.
- Professional Library of materials for loan to teachers.
- Kansas Deaf-Blind Library of professional materials for loan to parents, families and professionals.
- Assistive Technology Resource Center of adaptive equipment for loan/lease to local school districts for use by Kansas students with visual impairments.
to go to the KIRC web site.